Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

She's a witness...




I sit on my death-bed asking my parrot,Shrine, if she's willing to attest to bearing witness to my life. Our 'conversation' is as follows:

Me: Every artist needs just one true fan. What say you to this?
Shrine: Everyone likes a story where they know ALL the characters.
Me: If you are locked down on all sides you must spring out somewhere.
Shrine: Sometimes I get so bored I pull my own hair just to feel something.
Me: It's undesirable to be the last sibling alive, just as parents don't want to outlive their child.
Shrine: See fit to survive enough to pull your own weight in this heavy world.
Me: But if you're a good person you'll pull your own weight plus that of another.
Shrine: You pulled no weight; but felt ALL weighed you down.
I must advise Shrine that bearing witness will not bring her good health and longevity.

No comments:

Post a Comment